·China Computer-Assisted Language Learning Association （ChinaCALL）
·Foreign Languages and Mass Communication School of Beijing Jiaotong University
·School of Online and Continuing Education of Beijing Foreign Studies University
·Cambridge English Language Assessment
·Journal of Computer-assisted Foreign Language Education
·Journal of Foreign Languages in China
·Chinese Journal of Applied Linguistics
·Journal of Modern Educational Technology
·Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press
·Higher Education Press
·Beijing Cikuu Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
·The Cooperative Group of science and technology universities of the National Advisory Committee on Teaching Foreign Language to the English Majors in Higher Education under the Ministry of Education
·Beijing College English Research Association
- Tel：86 10 68473151
As information and communications technology is becoming ever more ubiquitous, online-learning has been accepted by more and more people. Online open courses, video open courses, and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) enable people around the world to share quality education resources and are triggering a major global educational reform. Featuring “open” as its essence and “integration” as its strategy, the reform exerts a great impact on the development of education at various levels.
Against the backdrop of this ever changing learning environment, 2014 International Symposium on CALL will be held in Beijing with the primary aim of bringing together academics, researchers, teachers from both the school and the university levels to share experiences and to explore the integration of new technologies with foreign language instruction.
Jointly hosted by China Computer-Assisted Language Learning Association (ChinaCALL), the School of Languages and Communication Studies of Beijing Jiaotong University and the School of Online and Continuing Education of Beijing Foreign Studies University, 2014 International Symposium on CALL is the third grand meeting of CALL in China.
ICT and Foreign Language Instruction: Opportunities and Challenges
We invite presentations on topics relevant (not limited) to the following:
- 1. New technology and foreign language education
- 2. CALL environment
- 3. CALL & L2 teacher education
- 4. Web-based instructional design for foreign language instruction
- 5. Web-based language assessment
- 6. CALL learners
- 7. Modality of learning
- 8. Web-based & resource-driven learning
- 9. Corpus-based & data-driven learning
- 10. Mobile language learning
Conference Date: November, 7th -8th，2014
Conference Venue: Beijing Jiaotong University
Language of Presentation: English
RMB￥500 / USD$80 for graduate student with student ID card
Important Dates (Subject to the postmark date the mails sent out)
September 15, 2014
Deadline for online submission of abstract
Before the end of September, 2014
Notice of acceptance sent out in batches
October 15, 2014
Deadline for short paper submission
October 15, 2014
Deadline for general pre-registration
- 1. Participants should register first by clicking “Registration” on the conference homepage.
- 2. Abstract should be around 200 characters for Chinese and 200-250 words for English with keywords included and will only be accepted by online submission.
- 3. The short paper should be around 1000-1200 words. Participants could email his/her short paper to email@example.com upon the notice of the acceptance of the abstracts.
- 4. The paper submitted must be original or unpublished; for any false declaration, the author must bear the consequences.
- 5. Presenters should prepare the English PPT and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before the conference date.
- 6. Posters displayed should be in both Chinese and English.
- 7. The registration fee includes cost of organization and the information pack, it needs to be paid onsite and will not be refunded.
- 8. Participants should book the hotels and tickets in advance, and pay for the cost of travelling and accommodation.
- 9. For any queries, please call 86 10 88810163-8204 or email to email@example.com.